Early Door Skins

To: MG Listserver <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Early Door Skins
From: Chris Attias <cattias@cats.ucsc.edu>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 11:36:20 -0700
The driver's side door on my '64 MGB is looking pretty well worn--the crack
of doom has appeared and it looks like someone took a screwdriver to the
latch and bent the rear edge of the door up a bit.  While I know it would
be possible to weld up the crack with a reinforcement and hammer/dolly out
the bent edge of the door, a new doorskin seems like a good idea...

Questions are:

*Since door skins aren't available for pull-handle cars, can a pushbutton
one be modified to work?

*Has anyone out there tried this?  Are there any good pointers or things to
watch out for?

Thanks,

Chris Attias
'64 MGB