Timing, Carbs, SU's vs DGV

To: "MG Listserver" <mgs@autox.team.net>, <wizardz@toad.net>
Subject: Timing, Carbs, SU's vs DGV
From: "wizardz" <wizardz@amdyne.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 14:35:19 -0400
I need the tech'ies to come out of the wood work
please!
I've rebuilt the dual SU's 3?4? times, tuned 'em
several times.
Changed to K&N filters and back to stock filters
(open like K&N)
now back to stock air boxes.
Changed from AAE needles to ABD's to #6's and now
AAA's,
ignition. changed from stock to xr700 electronic
w/ new sports coil
plug gap widened from .024 to .028  plugs look
great at any speed when checked
centrifugal adv. and vacuum adv. checked
independently and are OK
Brand new SU fuel pump and pressure regulator
This bugger still stammers at a constant cruising
speed.
THIS IS THE ODD PART OF IT! I sounds like it must
be the ignition right?
wrong! If it were the ignition system.... why
would pulling the choke out make it smooth right
out!!!???

any wild ideas   crazy suggestions welcomed at
this point.
All thru heavy acceleration and driving things are
fine. Just cruising sucks.

Paul Tegler
Twin 73 B GTs  YB and OB
YB born  8/72 (Primrose)  Yellow BGT