Moss Replacement Air Pump - Installation in a 74 MGBGT

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Moss Replacement Air Pump - Installation in a 74 MGBGT
From: Rick Brown <mgrick@ptd.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Oct 1998 18:30:13 -0400
I just received a new airpump from Moss - got it during the half price
sale - it is actually a Nissan  pump with a Moss devised bracket.

I thought this would be an easy MG job - hehehe - of course it wasn't.
After installing the pump i tried to put the included Belt on but it
was too long by about an inch and a half.  I tried adjusting the
pump on the bracket but just could not get enough play to get a tight
enough fit.  It also seems to ride pretty high in the saddle and I dont
think the bonnet will have enought clearance. Has anyone else bought and
installed one of these pumps and do you have any advise on the proper
way to install?  Which way does the sliding bracket go on  - with the
curve up or down?

Appreciate any help - i have inspection this month and would like to
get it installed soon - this is my year round daily driver.

Thanks\
Rick
<http://home.ptd.net/~mgrick/council.html>