Re: MGA transmission

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: MGA transmission
From: Dave Quirt <quirt@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 1998 17:43:37 -0600
The job is identical to the installation of a 4-synchro B box to the
3-synchro/3-main B engine. It is quite a doable job. Although since I
haven't done it since 1979, I can't remember the details. However, there
should be archived notes on this. At the same time, the I changed the
clutch/flywheel to the B diaphragm type from the A coil spring type.

The other way to go is to transplant a 5-speed (Datsun, Toyota, etc.)
through use of a commercial conversion kit. Sorry, I don't have any
details on this one.

Dave Q.
As and Bs