Re: WANTED:MGB

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: WANTED:MGB
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 1998 17:45:31 -0600

<excerpt>Date: Sun, 04 Oct 1998 18:26:51 -0600

From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <<lundgren@iname.com>

Where do you live?  There are many RBB's for sale in CO.  Just check the
Denver Post.  the folowing is an

MG search in that paper...

http://classifieds.denverpost.com/cv3/denver/search?mainclass=Transportation&batch_size=10&subclass%3A

list=MG&searchterm%3Alist=&Search.x=36&Search.y=4

 And if price doesn't matter you can have my '70 for $10k!   :)

</excerpt><<<<<<<<

I checked this link. Actually a better one is:

http://classifieds.denverpost.com/cv3/denver/

Then choose transportation and search for MG.

But all I came up with is a 69BGT for $1800. (Sunday paper search)

I'm also looking for an MGB. My 71BGT is too far gone for a restoration
(but one step too good for a parts car). I've finally convinced my SO of
the need for another LBC and she has actually agreed for now.

I had one deal fall through here in Montana. And MGs are scarce around
here. I really want to find a 67 or earlier MGB (will settle for a BGT of
similar vintage). Good body. I'll take care of the other stuff, so it
doesn't even have to be running. Probably better if its not running
because I want an inexpensive builder (winter project car).

The catch is that it would have to be close enough that I could check it
out and then bring back home by trailer. I'll drive to Denver, to Salt
Lake, or anywhere else within a 1000 miles if necessary for the right
car. Otherwise, if its too far, I would have to have it trucked back
sight unseen.

Am I dreaming? Or do some of you know of any old garaged MGs that need a
good home?

David

71 BGT

74 Toyota Landcruiser