New MGA Owner!!!

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: New MGA Owner!!!
From: PLM97@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 20:57:17 EDT
After looking for several months, I now have a 60 MGA 1600 roadster in my
garage.  Thanks to all on the list who have responded to my various posts
while I was looking at different cars. Someone initially said "if my pulse
didn't quicken, don't buy it".  Well my pulse definitely quickens with this
car.  Found the car last Saturday, looked at it Thursday with both my husband
and my dad (who just happens to be my favorite mechanic).
We decided that the "puff of blue smoke" is worn valve guides, but not too bad
yet.  Car is ready to go, no major work needed at this point, although I will
change oil, ect.,  and replace the rocker cover gasket.  Mostly, though I will
be driving !!!
By the way it is #65 in NAMGAR, can I find out anything about that?
Anyway, sorry for the long post, but thanks for all the info, I'm sure I'll be
needing more.

P. Haase
74 Midget, 60 MGA