Intro, part 4 (the last)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Intro, part 4 (the last)
From: tip@ai.chem.ohiou.edu (Tom Perigrin)
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 10:21:08 -0400
Was I nearly done?   No - among other things, it turns out poor Emma has
drooping drawers...  BIL said that when he hit bumps or went around curves
the tires rubbed.  Well, "no wonder", thinks I, "you have 195/60SR14's on
her".   But I make a phone call and he swears up and down that when he
first installed the tires she didn't do it.  So, a few emails to nice
people on the net reveals that she is in fact low on her springs.  Some
nice people with 72's measure the distance from the strike plate on top of
the axle to the bumper, and find it to be from 3.75 to 4.125 inches
(various answers).   Poor old Emma had barely 2.4 inches on one side and
3.5 inches on the other side.   So, the springs arrived from Moss motors
this week, and this last weekend she got a Spring transplant.   Much nicer,
much more level...  Well, level from side to side... now she looks "nose
down".   OH NO...  more springs?

Alright, so there she is...  Emma...  27 years old, sick but getting
better.  She's got the MG equivalent of being stiff after sitting too long.
She's in "good shape" other than that, and hoping to get out of the car
hospital soon.  (Just in time to be stored in a heated Garage during the
winter while they put salt on the roads!).   Can you guys think of anything
else I should do before starting her up or running her?

Oh, me?  I'm Tom... 45, some kind of alphabet soup that says that I am a
theoretical chemist and pyrotechnician, bestselling author in a limited
technical domain (it's like being the most famous man in Podunk!), married,
live on a farm with sheep, ducks, bees, dogs, barn cats, house cats...

To Summarize:

1) Why would BIL replace HIF's with HS's?
2) What have I forgotten to do while recommissioning a 5-year mothballed car?
3) BIL installed those "anti theft" antenna's from Moss, and lost the
key...  how does one unlock these?
4) Don't forget the virtual cookie contest... why was Emma overheating???

Tom

---

I used to say the only constants in my life were stress, my loving wife,
and the weekly hairball the cat leaves on the carpet.  After some medical
problems I am trying to reduce the stress... Other than that little has
changed - my wife still loves me, and the cat still vomits up an offering
every week.   A man needs some tradition in his life!