RE: How Long Have You Owned Your Car?

To: <WSpohn4@aol.com>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: How Long Have You Owned Your Car?
From: "RossOvercash" <jroverca@tiac.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 10:12:02 -0400
My first MG was a 71B I purchased for $300 from a fellow soldier back in
1978.  It was a wonderful car.  I owned it when I met my wife and got
married, but not knowing any better I sold it in 1980  (how stupid could I
be, hind sight is wonderful)after we got married and we were off to West
Berlin (we were both in the Army).   Jump forward 6 years, we are stationed
in Texas (Ft Hood) our second child ( a son) was on the way and my wife
(bless her heart) decided we needed a second car, she say an MGB for sale in
the local paper, well of course thats all she wrote.  It was a 74B, in
decent shape, very little rust etc.  I still own it, it has been a daily
driver (except for the three years I was in Germany 89-92).  So although I
won't win a prize for the longest ownership, I have owned this car for over
half it's life, and I plan on keeping it too!

Safety Fast!!

Ross Overcash, 74B, NAMGBR 2-1172, Ayer, MA
http://www.tiac.net/users/jroverca/index.htm