Two MGB distributor questions

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Two MGB distributor questions
From: Rene van Maanen <renevm@support.neth.hp.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 1998 15:10:41 +0200
Hi,

It's a 68 with a 18GD distributor.
I found the small vacuum hose going to the vacuum advancer defective
today. When I got it all disassembled, I found two weird things:

1> The advancer doesn't seem to anvance when I "vacuum with my mouth".
Is that notrmal? should I apply more vacuum, or is it likely that it's
shot?

2> There are two different springs in attached two the weight advancer.
Shouldn't there be two of the same kind?

Thanks for any help.

Rene
--
Rene and Marion van Maanen      If everything seems to be going well,
Netherlands Europe              you obviously don't know

SOHC #252 sohc4@dorje.com     Honda CB350F ['74]
                              Honda CB750K2 ['75]
MG list mgs@autox.team.net    MGB GT ['68]