Winding down another driving season.

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Winding down another driving season.
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 1998 09:19:25 -0500 (CDT)
Bummed by the postponement of MGs at Mercer, as this was to be my last
'B' related excurtion off of Long Island for 1998. The rain date
(tomorrow) just is not doable for me, being employed by a 24/7 towing
company, weekends are always bareboned staffed, as is. So to all of you
who I was hoping to see once more this year, I'll see you next year.
Anyone of a date for the Feb. Norristown in-door British swap meet yet?

The off-island season maybe over for me but here on Long Island we have
two more very nice, casual driving events / gatherings, scheduled.

October 25 will be our annual Fall Foliage Tour consisting of a
spectacular route through the Gold Coast (north shore) of Long Island.
It's about an hour and a half romp ending at an eatery where there is
plenty of room to display our cars. This event has grown considerably
in the last several years w/ last year's run being made by over 50
cars. <RLMOOERS@juno.com> for more info.

On Nov. 8th we'll be meeting at 9:15 a.m. (departure at 9:30) at a
"Park and Ride" along the L.I.Expressway (west bound service road
between Pinelawn Road and Route 110, Melville). We'll have a brisk,
"Rough Rider's" Run to Sagamore Hill, the historical home of Teddy
Roosevelt. There is reserved parking awaiting us and a private tour of
the home ($5 pp fee, under 16 free). This event is limited to the first
50 people signed up due to restrictions on tour size. Call Lynn or Rich
Mooers 516-757-3668 <RLMOOERS@juno.com> to reserve. Pack a pic-a-nic
lunch for after the tour in a reserved area ajacent to the parking
field.

If you are one of those people who think of L.I. as just a conjested
mess of traffic along an Expressway, either of these events will surely
show you the OTHER Long Island.

Safety Fast,
David Deutsch