Some more about B

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Some more about B
From: dresden@tiac.net
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 1998 17:47:48 GMT
So I went over to look the B over some more today, planned on doing some
wiring evaluation, but the battery was dead, and it took a long time to get
enough charge to jump start it, and then the ignition switch came apart in
my hand, and so of course I spent about 15 minutes putting it back
together, (I already knew it needed a new one). To top it all off, the
battery in the multi-meter that I borrowed was dead, and I don't have a
schematic, so I decided to just do some more looking over the body, and
figure out some of its needs. I'll probably be headed up to Maine this
weekend, so I don't need to get going too far on this car right now anyway.

My original assessment still stands: It is basically a very sound car,
especially underneath. There's some surface rust to get rid of, and the
quarter-panels to repair, and the doors have little rust spots at the top,
but that's about it. It was last sold by a dealer (new or used I don't
know) at "Win Imports & Sports" of Stratford CT (their plate is still on
the trunk/boot lid). By the name, I would imagine they were once an MG
dealer. Does anyone know if they're still in business? Just Trivia.

But on that note, what is the collective voice on whether those dealer
"plaques" should stay or go? On a new car, I find them tacky, but on an old
one, it's kind of cool. I'll bet a lot of people wish they had an Inskip
plaque for their T! Perhaps to the formula "tragedy+time=comedy", we should
add "tacky+time=classy". Or am I all wet?

Nevin