Starter Problem

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Starter Problem
From: JRCATM@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 16:00:18 EDT
I had my starter replaced with a Precision Rebuilt starter 4 Sept.  On 6 Sept
it quit again.  The garage replaced it.  How on 11 Oct the second rebuilt
starter quit.  When I went to take the car back to the garage on 12 Oct the
thing started.  And when I got to the garage it started.  It's working now.
Any ideas???

When it didn't work, when I turned the key, first the started hummed.  Then it
clicked a few times.  Then nothing.  It push started OK, but would not start
with the key.

Jim
79 MG Midget 1500