Re: Caliper Rebuild Frustration *#@$*

To: Mark Snowdon <racer45@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: Caliper Rebuild Frustration *#@$*
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 11:23:20 -0700
Word on the street is that Mark Snowdon said:
> When I did my Calipers for the Sprite, I just laid a piece of steel bar(
> the lock strap for my tool chest) across the dust ring that i had placed
> in position. With one sound tap of a hammer to the center of the bore,
> it seated the ring perfectly. nothing fancy, but it works.

I've seen several suggestions regarding tapping the CENTER of something
laid across the bore - this seems impossible unless you have the two halves
of the caliper apart, and I'm sure I read somewhere that the calipers
are not meant to be disassembled.... ?

Skye

--
1966 MGB               GHN3L-70307                __,__\__
The MGB Experience     http://www.mgb.bc.ca/     (_o____o_)