Moss washer jets 361-240

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Moss washer jets 361-240
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 19:33:25 -0700
A word of warning.  While I have the dash removed from the '77 to replace the
wiring harness it was suggested that I should replace the washer jets to avoid
potential leaks.  I ordered new ones, Moss 361-240.  The old tubing wouldn't
pull off of the first jet that I was working on so I just cut it off at the barb
and proceded to loosen the nut.  The bit of tubing managed to jam up the nut so
it would not come off or go back up on the threads.  No sweat! I'll just dig out
the old Dremel tool and cut it right off.  As easily done as said.

     Went to install the new one and made a hideous discovery.  The threaded
body of the nozzle, i.e., the part that goes through the scuttle, is about 2/3
the diameter of the original.  There is no way that you could hope to get a good
water-tight seal.  Just got off of the phone with Moss.  The best that I can do
is to buy the 361-250 Jet Ass'y that's used on the GT.  It has the larger
diameter.  Problem is that it has two nozzles.  I suppose that I can justify it
by saying that I have three wiper blades.

     In the meantime I'll go and steal one from the BfromHades and just make
some new sealing gaskets for the old ones.  Caveat emptor.

Bud Krueger
52TD
77MGB (still getting wired)