Re: Confused / MGB GT ??

To: Rick R <windedarse@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Confused / MGB GT ??
From: "Carl W. French" <cfrench@cybertours.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 22:58:06 -0400
Rick R wrote:

> I plan to purchase an MG around Feb. and was wandering, in order to get
> a car with a back seat, from what I can tell I would need an MGB GT.
> Does this model come as a convertible?
>
> All the photos I can find show it as a hardtop.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rick

    Sawzall perhaps? You are stuck here. If you want a car with a back
seat the MG is just not going to work for you unless you are going to
use it to transport your preschool children and in that case you are
back looking at the Sable brochures.
    To answer your question (really) the GT model was designed as just
the hardtop as opposed(sp) to the roadster. It really is just the
roadster body with a higher roof than the convertible top and a
hatchback. The back seat (I believe) is no larger or roomier than it
would be in the roadster, which is where I come back to the original
comment of being limited to transporting preschoolers (look at the
original ad photos if you get a chance). I hope this starts to answer
some of your questions without being too harsh. I am a little punchy
right now.

Carl F
67B (kids at home)
97 Sable wagon (kids in tow)