Hydem strip

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Hydem strip
From: Simon Matthews <simon_matthews@avanticorp.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 09:33:02 -0700
Can anyone tell me how to install the "Hydem" (sp?) strip on the
convertible top for my MGA?

This is the strip that goes along the front of the header bow. I have
already looked at Barney's web site and it is apparent that the strip used
in his installation was different: there is no way to tack or staple this
strip so that the tack/staples would not be visible. Should I glue it?

Also, which way up should it be? The strip has a beaded part and a flat
part -- should the bead be on top, or below?

Further info: my kit came witha set of screws which are used to fasten
fabric (I think) -- these have a wide flange (like a washer, but fixed to
the head). Again, the instructions with the kit do not mention using these
-- since they are zinc plated, they would be very visible if used to
install the Hydem strip.

Simon
---
Simon Matthews      Avant! Corporation