MGA on gameshow

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MGA on gameshow
From: Mowog1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 09:38:04 EDT
Greetings.  Anybody happen to watch "Game Show Network"?  Sunday evening, on a
replay of a "Price Is Right" first broadcast in 1958, the first prize up for
bidding was a 1958 MGA. Wire wheels, W-I-D-E whitewall tyres, hood folded down
(but back glass and side snaps still in place?). Bill Cullen said it was the
"brightest red he'd ever seen". (I would have to take his word for it as the
show was broadcast in black and white!)  Actual sale price was $2350 US...the
car was won by a receptionist for an optical firm somewhere in New York. (She
didn't look overly excited...would probably mess up that hairstyle she had!)

rick ingram
namgbr #0-14
amgcr #985
team fokowie ("roads? we don't need no stinkin' roads!")