Re: TD Newbie

To: "Robert Allen" <boballen@sky.net>, "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TD Newbie
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 08:18:02 -0700
Bob.........

Making TD (or TC & TF) doors close properly is quite straightforward. You
just have to realize that the hinges must have no free play, the doors must
fit their openings really well, and the latches & strikers must be (a) in
good condition and (b) mounted so that the "bolt" of the latch goes into the
hole of the striker, not just under the notch at the end of the striker.
That notch is supposed to be the "safety" catch.

If you'd like details on how to make all these things happen properly, I'd
be happy to explain. But I'm better at explaining over the phone; typing is
not my forte! So, call me one Saturday morning at the shop - 530-676-7226.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center