Re: engine pull

To: "Paul A. Tegler, Jr" <wizardz@amdyne.net>,
Subject: Re: engine pull
From: "Harlan Jillson" <hjillson@argolink.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 20:04:05 -0500
Paul,
   I don't know where the recommended attachment point is, but I just pulled
and re-installed the engine in my '72 B.  I screwed a bolt into one of the
threaded holes on the passenger side of the engine where the old generator
mounting plate used to mount and another bolt into one to the stud hole for
the exhaust manifold.  I ran a chain diagonally across the engine to these
two bolts and picked it up just a little abaft of center.  The weight of the
transmission tilted the whole assembly to just the right angle with the rear
of the car on jack stands and the whole thing slipped right in with a little
lifting with a trolley jack under the tail shaft as I slid the engine back.
This was using a hydraulic lift that allowed moving the engine back as I
raised and lower it into the engine bay.  The whole operation was a piece of
cake single handed when using the right tools.
Harlan.