RE: OFF TOPIC - Photographic Copyright on the WWW

To: "'MGB'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, Tom Emmons <tom@emmons.com>
Subject: RE: OFF TOPIC - Photographic Copyright on the WWW
From: "Nevard, Chris" <Chris.Nevard@BSKYB.COM>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 05:07:00 +0100
Thanks Tom,

This is roughly what I thought,
If I have no joy the chances are I will be able to collar the chap in a week
or two anyway at an MG meet.

Thanks

Chris Nevard
 ----------
From: Tom Emmons
To: 'MGB'
Date: 24 October 1998 4:49

If the picture is yours they must have permission.  Unfortunately this is a
tough one to win.  It would cost you more then is worth to fight.  Most
webmaster will take a kind message and remove the image.  Those who don't
shouldn't be doing pages.  There will always be those to push the envelope.
Putting your E-mail address with the picture is good but the best way is to
put your name, and or E-mail along with copyright on the picture its self.
I know this may ruin the look and some one with a paint program could take
it back out, but you have to protect whats yours.  Laws governing the web
are so mixed up.  If the webmaster doesn't return your mail you can track
the owner of the site at the who where directory internic.  There will be
address and phone numbers to call.