Autumn in Vermont

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Autumn in Vermont
From: GW71MGB@aol.com
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 22:23:23 EDT
Ah, a beautiful autumn day in Vermont.   Indian summer weather, nice breeze,
the smell of burning leaves in the air.  Hey!  Wait a minute!  Those leaves
are underneath my '71 MGB.

Took the opportunity of one of the last nice weekends to finish installing the
driver's side floorboard.  The burning leaves came from some stray sparks from
the welder.

I want to thank all of you who have mentioned from time to time the value of
keeping a fire extinguisher handy at all times.  Although, as I was reaching
for it, I was wishing I had listened to those of you who suggested removing
the gas tank before doing any major reconstruction work.

Well, no harm done, and it looks like I'll finish the driver's side inner
sill/floor board replacement before the snow flies.

-gary