engine continuing to run.

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: engine continuing to run.
From: "DWADE REINSCH" <dreinsch@tenet.edu>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 18:05:08 -0500
Hi,

Here's a wiring/ignition question.  Sometimes when I shut off my 77 MGB,
it stops immediately.  But sometimes it continues to run.  When I turn
off the key, the red "ignition" light glows MEDIUM, but the engine
continues to run.  Sometimes I flip the key on/off/on/off and it stops,
sometimes blip the throttle, sometimes flip on the headlights, and then
it will stop.  Notice:  Whenever it decides to stop running, the red
"ignition" light immediate turns from medium red to bright red.

Any answers?

TIA,

Dwade