Re: Confused / MGB GT ??

To: Dan Ray <danray@bluegrass.net>
Subject: Re: Confused / MGB GT ??
From: Bill Schooler <schooler@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 18:53:37 -0400
Dan Ray wrote:

> To reiterate the somewhat cryptic but correct responses I saw...(Trevor,
> "buy a Magnette"...haha)
> There is no such thing as a GT convertible. It is by definition the hard top
> version of the roadster.
> The GT does have a back seat which folds down for more cargo space as many
> modern hatchbacks do, but it's a tiny, bench-type affair and really only
> sutable for toddlers. (come to think of it, are there even seat belts back
> there?)
> The roadster doesn't have a back seat as that area is where the folded top
> goes.
> Hope this clears it up for you.
>
> Dan
> 73 B (roadster, as in convertible)

The GT will handle transport of children, but only up to about 6 years
of age with any degree of comfort.  But whether this would be legal
today is open to question - there are no provisions for seat belts in
the GT's +2 seating.

I have actually had four adults in the car.  The two in back were most
uncomfortable (I was one of them).  Do not recommend this as a normal
mode of transport.  But I was under 30 then, and in London, so it was
worth a shot...

--
*Bill Schooler      *Check the MGCC Wash DC Centre Web Page
*Woodbridge, VA     *http://members.aol.com/mgccwdcc/