Stuck Dizzy

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Stuck Dizzy
From: jeanderson@nitsuko.com
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 18:36:01 -0500

John E Anderson@NITSUKO
10-25-98 07:36 PM

Hello All,

  I'm in the process of doing the basics to get my '60 MGA w/1800 cc engine
running.  The
radiator and gas tank are at the shop, but I'm having trouble removing the
dizzy toget the
P/N for the tune-up kit.

  As it sits, the dizzy clamp is loose - it will rotate through about 180
degrees when loose.

The dizzy housing will rotate (with the clamp unbolted from the block)
about 2 or 3 degrees,
and move in and out maybe 1mm.

  The engine has been sitting for about 12 years, so the workshop manual
directions to
remove the clamp plate bolts then slide out the dizzy isn't working.

  So, I've a couple of questions -

  First - does the #1 cylinder NEED to be at TDC to easily remove the
dizzy?

  Second - if not, suggestions on getting this lil' bugger out?

TIA,

john