Re: Calooh, calaay, oh frabjus rummmm *sputter* *silence* oh

To: tip@ai.chem.ohiou.edu (Thomas I Perigrin), mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Calooh, calaay, oh frabjus rummmm *sputter* *silence* oh
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 15:09:13
At 12:48 PM 10/26/98 -0500, Thomas I Perigrin wrote:
<....
>I coast over into a driveway, .... I turn the key to "on", and I hear
silence. .... No fuel...

>.... disconnect the fuel line inlet to the pump. .... Finally, it blows
clear, .... The fuel is dark brown with rust and stuff...

Remove the tank, take it to a radiator shop, have it acid cleaned and
rinsed to remove the rust inside, repaint it (outside only) and put it back
on the car.  In the future, either drive the car a lot, or keep the fuel
tank mostly full to prevent condensation and rusting inside the tank.

My MGA has 130,000 miles since restoration and narry a problem with the
fuel tank.  But then it seldom rests for long.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude