Re: Ceramic coatings = cooler headers

To: "Jim Stuart" <jimbb88@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Ceramic coatings = cooler headers
From: "Mike Hartwig" <mhartwig@cbu.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 19:44:59 -0600

>Jay-
>
>I would be very interested in a comparison of cost/performance
between
>comercial & do-it-yourself ceramic coating. The street rod favorite
>commercial product seems to be Jet Hot. I was not aware of "home
brew"
>ceramic coating, but have sampled the do-it-yourself powder coating-
not
>at all the same.

Jim and all, I can get some Techline products (exhaust coating
material) and apply to a header.  Would ANYONE who has a fresh header
be willing to send it to me?  I would be willing to do minor cleaing
and apply the coating and do some informal testing before and after.
I would be willing to publish to the mgs mailing list to let you guys
know what I find.  If not, oh well.  I have no interest in taking off
my headers (my car is daily driver).  I will be doing my brother's
headers, but not sure when.

I may just buy the stuff and do informal testing on regular sheet
metal parts laying around.  Worth a try.  Not like I have anything
else better to do :), besides restore the Porsche, clean up the shop,
prep and paint mom's car, get the tach on MGB working, get MGB fuel
injection project up to steam, work on Porsche to MGB brake
conversion, get corner balance scales for corner balancing Porsche
designed and built, and not to mention save up $20k for school next
year.  oh, well, anyone have a header?

Jay