Re: Tranny question

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Tranny question
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 19:09:54 -0800
Philippe.........

These 3-synchro boxes used brass synchro rings (early) and steel ones
(later). The gears are interchangeable, just to complicate the situation. It
sounds as though you have a mis-matched synchro/gear combination from your
description of the problem.

The gear with the shiny ramp uses the brass ring. The gear with a black,
kinda rough-looking ramp uses the steel ring. Are you sure the gearbox was
rebuilt by someone familiar with the difference?

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center