Re: turn signal problem

To: Matt Gaetke <mgaetke@MIT.EDU>
Subject: Re: turn signal problem
From: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 20:22:50 +0000
Matt Gaetke wrote:

>         I am currently plagued with the slow-turn-signal syndrome.  The left
> own blinks normally.  The right one blinks very slowly, although the exact
> frequency varies for each attempt at using it, sometimes almost as fast as
> the left, sometimes so slow that I finish waiting for the light and make the
> turn before it blinks once.

CB front indicators only ground through the fixings.  When I restored my
roadster I found that the chrome surround was against the paint before
the nuts were tight (I have seen the chrome surround biting into the
paint on a number of restored cars).  I ran a nut onto each fixing bolt
before fitting the unit to the car.  As well as getting a good ground it
also held the chrome away from the paint.

PaulH.