Re: Climb to the Eagle-Reply

To: "Eric Erickson" <eric@erickson.on.net>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Climb to the Eagle-Reply
From: "Scotty" <scotty@dove.net.au>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 10:16:01 +0930
On Tuesday, 27 October 1998 Eric wrote
Subject: Climb to the Eagle

>For those South Australian's out there, this Friday is the 14th annual
>"Climb to the Eagle" rally (and Southern GP)... check out their website
>at http://www.gprally.com.au

**Eric, if only I could have convinced the boss to let me have the day off,
I would have been there in the LE, however that was not meant to be. I'm
planning to get to the Eagle to see the 'mob' arrive. I'll be looking out
for you !

>If anyone on the list is going to be there let me know.

** Recognition features-Look out for an 'MG Cars' ball cap, [B.R.G. cap with
a Black Bill, on the front are crossed chequered flags either side of a
world map inside a gold Octagon with the logo WWW MG Cars in blue] the cap
will be worn by a card carrying O.F. from this list, 8^). Hope to meet you
there]

>I haven't got a "list cap"

** Neither do I yet but I'm working on it, procrastination seems to be the
problem

> I am somewhere over number 176 on the
>list of entrants - but just look for the weedy, long haired guy in the
>slightly rough around the edges primrose '68 MGB (hopefully not sucking
>on his SU's).

** Sucking on the SU's ? I reckon you may be able to reverse this trend by
fitting a fuel filter on the line before the carby float bowls, I got mine
from Rocca Bro's on Port road at Thebarton along with the small hose clamps,
a highly recommended alternative remedy,

Congratulations on your first Rally, may you enjoy many more.

See you Friday, all things being equal.

Regards,

John[Scotty]Scott,
Adelaide,Australia.