Re: Dirty fuel jets???

To: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Subject: Re: Dirty fuel jets???
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@bc.sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 19:10:42 -0800 (PST)
At 08:47 PM 10/27/98 +0000, you wrote:

>So far we find that...  we are running on two cylinders (rear two) and
>spark is getting to where it should be.  Obviously, fuel starvation to
>those cylinders (remember, I *am* a new boy, so all this has come
>through bit-by-bit investigation).

Eric,

I'm probably fr from the first to suggest this but.....

Turn the ignition on and let the pump charge the float bowl.   Give the
front float chamber a solid rap with a wooden hammer handle of some other
non-marring blunt instrument.  If you hear the fuel pump fire up you've
solved your problem.. Sounds exactly like the symtoms I've seen before on
both the GT and the TC.  Stuck needle valve in the front float chamber.
Investigate "Grose Jets".

Cheers,
Ross   MacPherson
TC-3528 , `66 BGT