Dirty fuel jets???

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Dirty fuel jets???
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 20:47:03 +0000
OK, it's time for the new boy to get his hands dirty... again!

1968 MGB that has just died... well, it is running a tad rough.  It is
late at night and my alternative transport is also off the road for the
moment (so no quick trip to the garage for supplies).

So far we find that...  we are running on two cylinders (rear two) and
spark is getting to where it should be.  Obviously, fuel starvation to
those cylinders (remember, I *am* a new boy, so all this has come
through bit-by-bit investigation).

Oh dear, I have to face the SU's... and I have not yet attended SU
school.

Pull the rear filter cover off and things seem bone dry in there.  Start
the engine and hold hand over carby... gives me a decent hicky and seems
to actually fire as I rev the thing - take my hand away and it dies
promptly (of course) and seem to be *still* bone dry..

Can anyone point me to a website with a step by step guide to cleaning
the jets?  Remember, again, nice upright Webers are my game... these are
strange beasts on this thing.

So... have I revealed myself too much here... HELP!

Eric
'68 MGB MkII

PS  Oh, did I forget to mention that I put a damn fuel treatment through
it last time I filled up... "cleans deposits from carburettors", but
where do those deposits go???