Re: MGB Tube shock conversion

To: "Nick Coleman" <coleman@sd.aonix.com>,
Subject: Re: MGB Tube shock conversion
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 18:05:30 -0800
My recommendation is definitely not to use a shock which has a shorter
extended length. I know the Monroes are at full stretch just about the same
time as the axle fully extends the check strap.

As for the longer compressed length, I'd have to have another look to be
positive but I believe the compressed Monroe just about accommodated the
full travel of the rear spring. A shock which had 1-1/2" less compression
would certainly be damaged on any bump that fully compressed the springs.
Sadly, it sounds as though Rancho has nothing for our MGBs! (But thanks for
checking, Nick.)

Lawrie