Re: Two Speed Wipers

To: Neil_Oldfield@nag.national.com.au
Subject: Re: Two Speed Wipers
From: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 13:30:51 +0000
Neil_Oldfield@nag.national.com.au wrote:

> I have been keeping an eye on this thread, as I have been interested in
> doing this myself.   My theory was to use the headlight toggle switch, from
> a MK1,  (Mine is a MK1) as this is a three position switch
> (off,parkers,lights).   Do any of the guru's out there know if this can be
> done???   If so what else would need to be done.

Whilst any 'one-pole two-positions and off' switch like a light switch
will operate the wipers on two speeds, the auto-park will no longer
work.  This is because all but the earliest wiper switches (as far as I
know) were 'one-pole three-position'.  The contact that is closed when
the switch is 'off' being used for suto-park.

Bear in mind that two-speed wipers with toggle switches were used from
the start of MkII and MGC production in 1967 until 1972 (in the UK).

PaulH.