Re: Two Speed Wipers

To: paul.hunt1@virgin.net
Subject: Re: Two Speed Wipers
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 20:39:10 EST
Sorry Paul, gotta disagree with you.
 All the MG wiper switches I've come across are of the "single pole,
single throw" variety.
 When you cut the switch off, it's off.
 The parking switch in intergal with the wiper motor, and operates by
recieving 12v power from another source (ususally the white circuit from
the ignition switch). Then the power from the wiper switch is interupted,
and the ignition is on, the wiper will continue to operate until the
detent on the wiper gear opens the contact in the parking switch,
stopping the motor.
 Obviously the detent must be in the correct position, relative to the
gear, which is why you don't swap the motor complete from Midgets to Bs
(or vice versa) with out changing the gear. Other wise, the wipers will
park somewhat strangely.

Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget