Re: MGA backfiring

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: MGA backfiring
From: gvernau@juno.com (George J. Vernau)
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 10:06:54 -0600
Thanks to everyone who responded- all good ideas and I tried most of
them, nothing seemed to work.  If theres one thing I really hate- it's
stupidity- especially when its my own.
As I was checking the vacuum advance line-again- the distributer rotated
about 40 degrees all by itself, the darn thing was loose and sort of
being held in place  by the advance line.  Oh well, nobody ever said that
30+ years of messing with British cars would make me any smarter.  BTW, I
set the timing static because I couldn't find any pointers/ marks in an
accessible place to use my fancy timing light.  I found the mark on the
back of the pully but could only see it from under the car.  Is there
some trick I can use here?
Thanks again,
George
57 MGA