Re: MGA backfiring

To: gvernau@juno.com
Subject: Re: MGA backfiring
From: JstBob@aol.com
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 18:08:35 EST
 George,
The trick I used long ago is to line up the marks under the car as you want
the timing set. Then paint two marks (one on engine and one on pulley) visible
from the top. A long handled fine pointed brush works best. My wife does
watercolors so I had a good selection. You can then use these marks with your
fancy timing light.

BOb, 71mgb

>> BTW, I

set the timing static because I couldn't find any pointers/ marks in an

accessible place to use my fancy timing light.  I found the mark on the

back of the pully but could only see it from under the car.  Is there

some trick I can use here?<<