Climb to the Eagle Rally (South Oz)

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Climb to the Eagle Rally (South Oz)
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 1998 01:31:11 +0000
If anyone is interested to see a few of the MGs that took part in my
previously-mentioned first-ever rally in my '68... I have dumped them on
a page at:

http://www.erickson.on.net/mgb/ctte/index.html

Not the prettiest web page I have ever done but this little rally has me
more interested in playing with my car than doing HTML (and the few
hours left after work preclude too much of anything like the time I
would like to put into either). Two warnings:  Running out of time to
scan the images they are cropped fairly roughly... and pardon the time
it takes to load the first set of thumbnails - dropping the quality of
the images means they don't look as pretty but you won't get too old
waiting for the larger images to load.

Oh yeah... the run was fun.  Great weather but the heat was a bit too
much for some of the older cars when we got caught in traffic near the
city (we were all staring at our temp. guages).  My little raggedy girl
went like a charm and took the follow-up 100 mile or so Southern GP
(Grand Parade) part of the rally in its stride.  I followed my boss' 308
Ferrari and caught him napping at one point so went flying past down a
long straight stretch (until he gunned it and disappeared into the
distance :-)

The '68 enjoyed the run so much that she is now running better than ever
(well, WAS until I got brave and "experimented" with the oil in the
SU's... but that is another story and subject of a further cry-for-help
mail soon).

If anyone feels like identifying the models in the photo's for me (so I
don't get it wrong and look too silly) I will be labelling them properly
in the not too distant future.

Cheers,

Eric
'68 MGB MkII

PS This weekend is the Classic Adelaide "real" rally/race over some of
the roads we travelled on our "tour"
( http://www.classicadelaide.com.au )