'glass body parts

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, James@LWSD.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 'glass body parts
From: ric_bergstrom@juno.com (Richard L. Bergstrom)
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 08:10:52 -0500
James writes>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

dFrom: James <James@LWSD.com>
Subject: Where do I find fiberglass body parts?

I'm looking for fiberglass, carbon fiber or Kevlar (i.e., lightweight)
fenders for my '74 MGB. I'm also interested in replacing the hood
(bonnet),
trunk (boot) and doors with lightweight replacements, and may eventually
be
looking for the same parts for an MG Midget. I'd like to hear from anyone
who can recommend a source for these parts, who has stories to tell or
advice to offer, and especially anyone who has actually weighed the
original parts and/or knows the weights of replacements.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

I don't know about kevlar, but regular old fiberglass is pretty light
compared to steel.

Winners Circle sells such items.  Biggest problem you will find is that
none of it is stock appearing, it all has flares and air dams and such.

If you want flares...have I got the deal for you!

Winners Circle Midget front and rear fenders.  The fronts replace the
entire fender.  the rears replace from the back of the door to the
tailights.  They are for 6 or 7"+ wheels and look really tough hanging on
my car in the garage.  I just have decided not to go the wide wheels
route on the street (BTDT....too much grip is no fun!).

My stupidity is your gain.  Originally $175 each + shipping...try 300/obo
+shipping.

let me know!

Ric Bergstrom,  Richmond,  VA  73-74 Midget

Central Virginia British Car Classics  WWW.CENTRALVAMG.COM
RICHMOND BRITISH CAR DAYS ---September 18th and 19th, 1999
Send me your snail mail and I'll get you on the mailing list.