Zenith/Stromberg 175 to Dual SU HS4s

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Zenith/Stromberg 175 to Dual SU HS4s
From: "Erik Brzoska" <mowog77@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 1998 11:48:25 PST
Hello All,

Can anyone on the list shed their knowledge on converting from the Z/S
carb to dual SU HS4s?

I have a 77B with a Z/S and I am currently cleaning a couple of HS4s out
of a 72 for the conversion. I have the carbs, the spacers, the
heatshield, the intake manifold, the exhaust manifold (dual out),
throttle and choke linkage rods, but I don't have the choke or
accelerator cables.

Also can anyone really convince me that it will improve the car's
performance as opposed to the single carb?

I want to put the SUs in because I like the simplicity of the mechanism
and figure that is what the car was designed to use, but do they really
make a huge difference in HP like I have heard?

TIA,
Erik.