Re: Zenith/Stromberg 175 to Dual SU HS4s

To: carney_fam_ark@email.msn.com
Subject: Re: Zenith/Stromberg 175 to Dual SU HS4s
From: "Erik Brzoska" <mowog77@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 06:27:58 PST
Joe Curto is a person who i keep seeing his name pop up, when SUs are
spoken about and I was wondering what he does.
I have torn down one of my H4s and have to the other yet, but it doesn't
sem to difficult a task, what can Joe Curto do for me?

Does he supply rebuild kits at a good price?
I am in the market for new needles, jets, maybe throttle plates,
throttle spindles and bushings, and all the gaskets. How much does a
rebuild from him cost?

General question (sort of) : I live in NJ and have to pass emissions. I
just passed with my Z/S but the mechanic I went to knows me fairly well
and let me tune the carb down until I passed it.
I want to switch over to the SUs, but I think I will need to retain a
catalytic converter in my exhaust system.
Is this a legal option to put a modified exhaust system in and will the
SUs pass emissions easier?

TIA
Erik.