Re: Alternators

To: H4aardvrk@aol.com
Subject: Re: Alternators
From: ccrobins <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 1998 08:56:12 -0600
Hi H4,

  The starter is #860221.  That's right off the rcpt that I keep in the
car.  Dunno about the alternator since I haven't had occasion to buy one
yet.

  A funny thing about Autozone is that you may be able to get parts that
I can't and vice versa, depending on what part of the country the store
is in.  Something about which warehouse the parts come from.  At least
that was true last spring; someone on this list gave me a part # for
some MG part, can't remember what it was but the local AZ's computer
didn't have it in the database.  Kind of  funny because all those stores
are linked by satellite.  While I was stranded in Nashville last month
they had no trouble bringing up my warranty info from the local store.

  CR