Re: Oil Pipe on 'A', Theromostat temp

To: Simon Matthews <simon_matthews@avanticorp.com>
Subject: Re: Oil Pipe on 'A', Theromostat temp
From: Kevin Sullivan <kevins@khoral.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 13:29:15 -0700 (MST)
On Mon, 2 Nov 1998, Simon Matthews wrote:

> Is the oil pipe an incorrect fitting, as I suspect? Is it difficult to
> replace?

What does your pipe look like; how is is different from those in the
pictures you've seen?  No, it's not hard to replace.

> I am now running a 190 degreee thermostat. I decided to put in a winter
> thermostat, yet all I could find in my stock were either 190 degrees or
> they did not have the small bypass (to allow a very small flow, even when
> the thermostat is closed). Is 190 degrees too hot? What do others use?

190 is good for winter.  160 summer.  (or is it 195 and 165?)  close
enough, anyway, that it probably doesn't matter.

> Finally, has anyone ever considered fitting an auxilliary electric water
> pump? Modern cars sometimes have these to continue circulating the water
> AFTER the engine is switched off.

Nope.

Kevin Sullivan             kevins@khoral.com
Khoral Research Inc.       www.khoral.com/staff/kevins/mgstuff