Re: MGB (My G Baby)

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net,
Subject: Re: MGB (My G Baby)
From: Rick Brown <mgrick@ptd.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Nov 1998 06:04:39 -0500
Dawson II James L MSgt 27LGC/LGCV wrote:

> 2nd Attempt
>
> Hello,
>
> I'm a proud owner of a '79 "T" reg MG BGT.  I'm in the Air Force
> stationed at Cannon AFB, in Clovis New Mexico.  Situation is my "baby"
> had been under raps for three years in Montana awaiting my return from
> a overseas tour.  Upon return (Sep 98) I drove from Great Falls to
> Clovis quite a haul,  she made it OK but is mad as ^&% at me for
> putting her through that shock.  Slowly I'm being reminded of past and
> current difficulties to include:
>
> No heat, beginning with no heat switch
> I'm losing fuel - not sure from where
> Brakes are pulling incresingly to the right when I apply brakes
> When I shift into 3rd (I have the button on the gear shift for
> overdrive) occasionally the gear slips out
>
> Those are the main areas of concern and the fact that I've not located
> a source for parts or repairs can you provide any
> recommendations/sources?
>
> Thanx

Hi Jim

Sorry I did get this the first time but as Im on an MG EMAIL LIST I
didnt notice that you had sent this to me and not the List.

I dont know of any shops in NM but there are several in AZ:

Taos Garage in Albequerque 505 836 4141
G&B Enterprises, Pheonix 602 253 1139
The NG Shop in Tempe 602 967 5631

I will post this email in the List and see if you get any other
replies from people out your way.

Have a good  Veterns Day!

TO THE LIST:

Can anyone help Jim out?