Re: MGB (My G Baby)

To: wizardz@amdyne.net
Subject: Re: MGB (My G Baby)
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 1998 22:07:55 EST
On Sun, 8 Nov 1998 23:53:40 -0500 "Paul  A.  Tegler, Jr"
<wizardz@amdyne.net> writes:
>correct me if I'm wrong..
>but I was under the impression they stopped
>importing them into the US in '76

>>> well all,
>>>
>>> live and learn...Jim has a 1979 MG-BGT...I thought they quit doing
>them
>in
>>> 1974....live and learn.
>>>                                H4(Howard)
>>> 1974MG-Bgt
>>> 1974MG-B roadster
>>> 1976 MG-B roadster
>>> 1977 MG-B roadster
>>
>>Howard
>>
>>I dont understand your comment.  GT's were built up to 1980!
>>
>>Rick

The last GTs imported into the US were late 74 (75 model year) - but as
Rick said they were produced through 1980 (gonna get me one of those
pewter last 500 one day!) I deleted the original post but seem to recall
that the lister mentioned that the 79 car was "T registered"  which i
took to mean the UK licence plate  - T being the letter for 78/79 as i
recall -
So my guess is that its a UK car that snuck in via the milatary or
similar

mike robson
69 roadster (wouldve been G reg)
70 BGT (H )