Re: Racing

To: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>,
Subject: Re: Racing
From: Keith Wheeler <keithw@sand.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 98 11:23:58 PST
Ok, I'll get my quotes in order here.  :)

p.17 of Philip Porter's "Jaguar Sports Racing Cars"

Stirling Moss recounts:  "...I had asked a lot of people at that
time if they would let me drive their cars in the TT but none
of them would trust me.  They thought I was going too fast for my
experience, and if I was going to have an accident and kill myself,
they didn't want me to do it in their car.  So none of the companies,
including Aston, Jaguar, MG, and many of the lesser ones, would
let me have one."

Of course Stirling did win that race, also setting a lap
record, on the day before his 21st birthday.

-Keith Wheeler
Team Sanctuary                          http://www.teamsanctuary.com/