B Differential Fun and Winter Planning

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: B Differential Fun and Winter Planning
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 1998 16:17:55 -0600
It's funny how one small mistake leads one down the road to to a larger
project.
Having pulled the differential plate today to retrieve a piece of
potentially damaging plastic tube, I'm pretty sure I twisted the brake line
bad enough to require replacement as well...(drip drip drip...honey,
remember that "mity-vac" I said I wanted for Christmas?)
No time like the present to order that rear suspension kit, since "Punkin"
is going to be up on stands for a couple of weekends, at least!
"Dremeling" that old gasket off is worth a saturday alone. And that leaky
right-side Armstrong might be a good excuse to do the tube-shock conversion
as well...
Any thoughts on what else I should do, or experience-based adjuncts to the
"great Colt Tube Shock conversion", ??? There's plenty of tech articles on
r/r ing the rear springs and suspension out there....and I've seen the
reports on the conversion.

Cold weather is upon us...time to bundle up and do those winter projects, I
suppose.

Unfortunately, I'm going to be spending most of January at a vacation spot
called "NTC", in SE California (Ft. Irwin)....herding civilian Lab
technicians (like 'herding cats', no offense) and hoping they don't get
killed - which would probably end my "career" rather soundly and abruptly.
:)
So I have a busy MGB schedule for this winter!

Dan
73 B - up on jackstands and decidedly trying to tell me something....:)