RE: Used Webber Price / is it worth it ?

To: drded@ix.netcom.com, rrobertstr4@email.com
Subject: RE: Used Webber Price / is it worth it ?
From: John Steczkowski <stecz@Crossroads.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 1998 17:19:57 -0600
> increase in a half a day's work. The problem is whether
> you'll get thru
> emmissions in your state after the conversion is done. Many
> states will
> still want to see a Catalitic Converter in the system. If you need to
> fit one in the formula it is doable but the additional cost
> and drop in
> performance gain doesn't make since to me.

Actually, there is not reason to lose performance due to a catalytic
converter. Most hot rod shops sell performance catalysts (Jegs or it's
competitors). They are intended for performance applications so they don't
have the backpressure that a factory catalyst does. I used a performance cat
on my Shelby GLHS and it didn't make any difference in performance with it
in the system or not....

Basically, now-a-days, there is no reason to go with out a catalyst...