Re: My Ignition Key

To: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>,
Subject: Re: My Ignition Key
From: "Ed & Kris Curtis" <curtis@hayburn.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 00:38:53 -0800
-----Original Message-----
From: Neil Cotty <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Date: Sunday, November 08, 1998 8:49 PM
Subject: My Ignition Key

snip

> Forgot to mention something. Invariably and according to form,
>whenever I fix something on my MG something else decides it's their turn
for a holiday.
>--
>Neil Cotty - Sydney, Australia
>1970 MG B GT / 1959 MG A 1600 Mk1

Boy does that bring back memories of when I had a 79 MGB.  The car had been
subjected to "innovative" repairs by the sailor from whom I bought the car.
In addition, the fake white tiger seat covers were certainly different, but
did not do much to preserve the English nature of the MGB.  Every time I
went to fix something, I had to set aside 4 hours and $40.  While working on
the target of that day's project, something else would break and require
repair.  I ended up selling it because I seemed to spend most of my time in
repairs.

I now have completed a restoration of a TF 1500.  I hope that it does not
cost me 40 hours and $400 for each repair.

Ed Curtis
curtis@hayburn.com