My Ignition Key

Subject: My Ignition Key
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 15:39:36 +1000

------=_NextPart_000_0331_01BE0BF7.27813780

Hi all,

Me again. <G> Forgot to mention something. Invariably and according to form,
whenever I fix something on my MG something else decides it's their turn for
a holiday. In this case my Ignition switch exited from the s/column when I
pulled the key out of the car last Friday! Quite a shock, and makes for an
excellent anti-theft device. lol! Also makes for interesting stops at the
Petrol Station for refilling. Expletives filling the air as I fail to switch
the car off!! <G>

When the switch seperated from the column a tiny spring exited with it. For
the life of me I can see how to keep the body of the switch seperating from
the column mounting. Can anyone help with this? I've removed the black
plastic shrouds that cover the column but I can't see anyway to secure the
switch to the column mounting. Oh yeah and what on earth is that little
spring for! <G> I *presume* it's there to stop the switch falling out! It's
a 1970 BGT - padded dash USA model.

Cheers,
Neil.
--
Neil Cotty - Sydney, Australia
1970 MG B GT / 1959 MG A 1600 Mk1

------=_NextPart_000_0331_01BE0BF7.27813780
        filename="Neil Cotty.vcf"

BEGIN:VCARD
N:Cotty;Neil
FN:Neil Cotty
ORG:Internet Trading Services Pty. Ltd.;IT
TITLE:Technical Director
TEL;WORK;VOICE:61292648811
TEL;WORK;FAX:61292648822
ADR;WORK;ENCODING=3DQUOTED-PRINTABLE:;;Suite 103, Level =
1=3D0D=3D0A379-383 Pitt Street;Sydney;NSW;2000;Australia
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=3DQUOTED-PRINTABLE:Suite 103, Level =
1=3D0D=3D0A379-383 Pitt Street=3D0D=3D0ASydney, NSW =
2000=3D0D=3D0AAustr=3D
alia
URL:http://www.tradesrv.com.au
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:neilc@tradesrv.com.au