Jig saw puzzle carpet set

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Jig saw puzzle carpet set
From: Hans Duinhoven <H.Duinhoven@simac.nl>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 07:48:01 +0100
Dear MG friends,

Now the technical - mechanical stuff has been finished, I have started with
the interior restauration.
With the car I purchased a carpet kit corresponding with colour the seat
cover colour authumn leaf.
Tonight I took the materials out of the carton box and found a jig saw
puzzle of some 20 pieces of nicely cut and finished carpet.
This is a real puzzle, because the car did not have full carpets in when it
arrived.
Some shapes are recognizable, others are not. Funny the kit is ready for
both right hand drive and left hand drive, while for both sides rubber
insert mats are included....

Is there anyone who has done this job before?
The questions are:

1       Has anyone a kind of drawing of the contents of the box showing
where to fit every
        piece of the puzzle?
2       What kind of glue should I use and how thick should the glue be
applied?
3       The back of the original carpets have a thick insulating layer.
Should this be removed and
        be glued to the new carpets? The new ones have a rubberish backing.
4       Can I use double sided self adhesive foam instead of glue?
5       The old carpets were able to be "clicked" onto the floor a.o. The
new carpets do not bear
        these materials. What is recommended in this - new ones fitted or
not...

The partnumber of the kit looks like CK004K; another number on the box is
149T.
I don't know where the carpet kit has come from, while it was part of the
purchase.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Beste regards,

Hans Duinhoven

Lisse - The Nederlands  Where the World's most beautiful sprng flower garden
blooms every year
(+31)252 414183
MGBGT 1970 - 1971
New Racing Green